Preventive screenings (based on age and risk factors) have been recognized as a cost-effective way to identify and treat potential health problems before they develop or worsen. We encourage you to work with us to design your own personalized package based on our basic health and fitness assessments. SDSM Corporate Wellness incorporates the following into our basic health and fitness packages:
1. Vitals and more
- Resting Blood Pressure & Heart Rate
- Height & Weight (Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculation)
- Body Circumference Measurements
- Personal Medical History
- Family Medical History
- Health Habits
2. Blood Work
- Lipid panel: total cholesterol, HDL cholesterol, Triglycerides, LDL cholesterol and fasting glucose level
3. Health Risk Assessment
- Cardiovascular Risk Assessment – our exercise wellness team will review health information and determine risk of a cardiac event in the next ten years.
- Metabolic Syndrome Risk – a review for a group of risk factors that occur together and increase the risk for coronary artery disease, stroke and Type 2 diabetes.
- Cancer risk assessments are made based on age and gender.
4. Fitness Assessments
- Muscular Endurance – measurement of muscular endurance is made by assessing the number of sit-ups and push-ups that an individual can perform to a cadence until muscular fatigue occurs.
- Flexibility – sit reach test.
- Cardiovascular fitness (Step test, bike, treadmill test, are performed, based on age, fitness level and health risk status) to determine cardiovascular fitness. These tests evaluate the ability of the heart and lungs to respond to exercise. Heart rate and blood pressure are monitored throughout the tests. Results are used to establish coronary risk status, aerobic capacity, and exercise tolerance. They are also used to develop an individualized exercise prescription.
Individuals are tested at four-month intervals, following educational programs in lifestyle and fitness.